When Rick Shaffer wanted a fast come-at-you video for “So Tired” he immediately enlisted the expertise of British artist/director, Peter McAdam, who previously took the reins on two of Shaffer's solo videos, and two for his band, The Reds®.
The “So Tired” visuals encapsulate the feeling of being overloaded by a modern world that continually bombards us with text, sound and images. McAdam, used his extraordinary software creation called, iCoda — a sound interactive image blender — to express the chaos of the inner mind. McAdam’s unique application works by loading in numerous images that are then activated by amplitude and duration of the music to create a random animated mash-up.
For the “So Tired” video McAdam resurrected his alternate being, Johnny Satan, to choreograph and dance to the music. Satan becomes a symbol for going with the flow by dancing and embracing chaos, and/or allowing anger to release our inner demon and the secret inside scream heard only by the screamer.
- Director: Peter McAdam — http://www.icoda.co.uk
- Choreographer/Dancer: Johnny Satan
- Still Photographs of Rick Shaffer: Theresa Marchione— http://www.tinyurl.com/TheresaMarchionePhotography
- Thanks To: Phil Holden/Tyne Media , Baltic 39, and Dan Parker
- So Tired Video ©2015 Tarock Music